Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Beauty and the Beast- The Real World Edition



Since Beauty and the Beast is being re released in the theaters as a 3D movie on January 13, 2012, I figured this would bring the perfect opportunity to explain the truth... Beauty and the Beast is based on my life. Well, not exactly, but there are numerous similarities between my life and this movie (and its characters). Everyone jokes that the movie really is my life, but to me it is a serious matter.

The main character is Belle. Belle is a French bookworm that was known for her incredible beauty. Everyone thought it was such a shame that Belle was such a bookworm since she could just live off of her looks. Belle was a strong girl that was not afraid to show it. She had idiotic boys that fell all over her, but she told them off. Her father, Maurice, was a hardworking inventor that everyone thought was insane. She defended him and encouraged him no matter what. When Maurice went to bring his invention somewhere, he got lost and ended up being held captive by the Beast. Belle went searching and sacrificed herself for her father. Belle hated the Beast at first and was afraid, but once she got to know him and understand him, she fell in love with him.


Oddly enough, I happen to be a lot like Belle. I have always been an extreme bookworm. I bring a book every where I go, just in case I get a moment of free time. Some people used to think I read too much and should be more social, but that was not me. I have always been very opinionated and I could always see right through people. My grandfather definitely represents Maurice (we will get to that later), but he is inventive and a little out there. I also happened to fall in love with someone that could be considered a "Beast."


The Beast is almost exactly like my boyfriend. Almost five years ago, when I began dating my boyfriend, he was intimidating and scary to everyone (even to me). He had a blue mohawk, dressed gothic, and overall had a different personality than most people. He has many of the same personality traits as the Beast. However, the more I got to know him, the more I understood him and the more I fell in love with him.

As for Maurice, he is my Papa. Not only are they both inventive and a little out there, but they look very similar. I love my Papa as much as Belle loved hers. It is always so funny to watch Beauty and the Beast because everyone says that the movie is my life. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment