Monday, November 7, 2011

Freak Snow Storms (and the Aftermath)

Only in New England can you get a snow storm during October. A little snow is understandable. The light fluffy snow flakes that do not stick are to be expected.

However, when you have a snow storm that comes with terrible wind that knocks out your power for a week in October, it is a problem. Towns had to cancel Halloween (my favorite holiday) and the school was evacuated. It was either go home/to someone else's house, or sleep on the dining hall floor.

Me and a group of friends decided to house hop. We started in Medway and ended up to my house in Plymouth, where we stayed a majority of the time. I always forget that not everyone knows as much about the Pilgrims as I do. Up until seventh grade that is all we learned in history class. So, I got to give a little history lesson of my own. I love it, I am an off the boat Pilgrim. My mom's side includes the Eatons and the Howlands, which are some of the original Mayflower new-comers.

Other than that, we had our own little Halloween party and played video games. It was an overall good time. We all got to bond much closer. The only bad thing now is that we have a messed up final schedule that none of us like. Just call us the class of random disasters.

Me and my roommate (from Virginia) getting ready for the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment